Apple Menus Please note that Apple has a history of changing the organization of it's menu with each IOS release/update.. moving around items in 'Settings'. If you find our instructions slightly different our outdated, please let us know at email@example.com. Thank you.
Verify/Update vs New We offer two sets of instructions, 'Verify/Update' for fixing, updating or repairing an existing account and 'New' for a fresh first-time setup. You can find links for both versions of instructions on the previous page (Main Menu).
SECURE MAIL (SSL)
Incoming Mail Server: mail.world-net.net
Outgoing Mail Server: mail.world-net.net
Username/Login: <your email address>
Incoming Port: SSL ON; Port 995 (POP3) or 993 (IMAP)
Outgoing SMTP Port: 465
1. In your Apple device (IOS), go to 'Settings' then 'Accounts & Passwords'.
2. Choose 'Mail' (or 'Mail, Contact, Calendars') then 'Accounts' at the top.
3. If needed, tap your account to select it (you may have to tap it a second time).
4. On the 'Account' page, make sure your name and email address are accurate.
5. 'Host Name' should be set to mail.world-net.net.
6. 'User Name' should be your full E-mail address.
7. Make sure the password is filled in, correctly. (Re-Enter it if you are unsure)
8. Under 'Outgoing Mail Server', tap the SMTP server 'mail.world-net.net'(or whatever you called it).
9. Tap it again to edit it.
10. Make sure the slider is set to on (green).
11. There is a verify bug in IOS, so please follow these steps carefully:
- Make sure hostname is set to "mail.world-net.net", but leave User Name & Password EMPTY.
- Make sure SSL is turned ON and that the outgoing port is set to 465.
- Make sure 'Authentication is 'Password'.
- Click 'Done' and it will verify and take you back to Outgoing Server screen.
IF YOU GET STUCK HERE ON VERIFYING - Double-Tap the big home button on your phone, and swipe 'up' on the settings app to close it.
Once closed, go back into 'Settings', 'Accounts & Passwords' and DELETE your account and return to the main menu, and choose the IPAD/Iphone instructions for "New Account" instead. We understand this is frustrating, but unfortunately it's an Apple IOS Bug.
- Go back IN, and this time add your email address under User Name, and put in your Password.
- Click 'Done' again, and let it re-verify a second time.
12. Click 'Done', then 'Account' to go back, then 'Done' again. You may now hit your HOME button and test it.
Note: If you happen to get a certificate warning, just accept/approve/allow it.
Here is a list of very common mistakes that are easy to make, that we see from time to time in our support department:
1. Password / Login Error
- It's possible your password isn't actually what you THINK it is. To verify, open a new browser window, and log into Webmail (Click Here).
- Did you make an error and put your real name where it says 'Login' or 'Email Address' instead of your actual email address?
- There could be a hidden 'space' (blank) following one of your entries. Very tricky mistake that can drive you crazy. Click each blank that you typed settings into (incoming mail server, outgoing mail server, email address, etc.) and check each one for a trailing space at the end. It can be hard to see, so look at where the cursor is flashing and do 'backspaces' as necessary to double-check.
- Did you remember to turn on SSL for BOTH incoming and outgoing mail server settings? (If you did, your incoming port would be '993' or '995 and not '143' or '110'.)
2. Sending Issues
- Did change your incoming port number, and not notice that the outgoing port flipped back to 25 by default? Sometimes this happens... and it (outgoing smtp port) should be set to 465.
- Outlook Users: Did you remember to check the box "my server requires authentication" and "use same settings"? If not, that will cause sending issues and possibly a 'relayed denied' error.