Verify/Update vs New We offer two sets of instructions, 'Verify/Update' for fixing, updating or repairing an existing account and 'New' for a fresh first-time setup. You can find links for both versions of instructions on the previous page (Main Menu).
Need Thunderbird? You can download it here --> https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/
Here are the account settings you will need to set up using SSL:
SECURE MAIL (SSL)
Incoming Mail Server: mail.world-net.net
Outgoing Mail Server: mail.world-net.net
Username/Login: <your email address>
Incoming Port: SSL ON; Port 995 (POP3) or 993 (IMAP)
Outgoing SMTP Port: 465
These instructions are for an 'new' account setup, meaning you are setting it up for the first time, or doing a fresh re-install. If you need to just edit/repair/update an existing account configuration, please use our 'Verify/Update' instructions instead.
1. Start Thunderbird and choose 'Tools' from the drop-down menu up top, then 'Account Settings'
- If you don't have a 'Tools' menu and already have a different account configured, right-click that account to get a menu.
2. At the bottom-left choose 'Account Actions' pull-down and select 'Add Mail Account'
3. Fill out your Name, E-Mail address and Password and hit 'Continue'
4. Choose 'POP or IMAP', then click 'Manual Config'.
5. Verify the pre-filled out settings match those at the top of this page.
6. Make sure "SSL" is set to "STARTTLS" (or Auto) for both incoming & outgoing.
7. Make sure the OUTGOING SMTP Port is set to 465 (SSL)
8. Make sure 'Username' is your full E-Mail address.
9. Click 'Done".
10. You may get a "Add security exception" pop-up window about a security certificate. Confirm/accept this certificate.
11. Click 'OK' to close the Account Settings window.
NOTE: You may/will get a "Add security exception" pop-up window about a security certificate. Confirm/accept this SSL certificate.